15 Amazing Scientific Facts in The Bible
- The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7),
affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on
the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible
alone states what we now know to be true – “He hangs the earth on
- When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13).
For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we
recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water rather than
- The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical in shape.
- Origin of the major language groups explained (Genesis 11).
After the rebellion at Babel, God scattered the people by confounding
the one language into many languages. Evolution teaches that we all
evolved from a common ancestor, yet offers no mechanism to explain the
origin of the thousands of diverse languages in existence today.
- The universe is expanding (Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1).
Repeatedly God declares that He stretches out the heavens. During the
early 20th century, most scientists (including Einstein) believed the
universe was static. Others believed it should have collapsed due to
gravity. Then in 1929, astronomer Edwin Hubble showed that distant
galaxies were receding from the earth, and the further away they were,
the faster they were moving. This discovery revolutionized the field of
astronomy. Einstein admitted his mistake, and today most astronomers
agree with what the Creator told us millennia ago – the universe is
- The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12).
Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and
continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the
universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people
believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but
the Bible correct.
- Reproduction explained (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:24; Mark 10:6-8).
While evolution has no mechanism to explain how male and female
reproductive organs evolved at the same time, the Bible says that from
the beginning God made them male and female in order to propagate the
human race and animal kinds.
- Light can be divided (Job 38:24).
Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made
of seven colors, which can be “parted” and then recombined. Science
confirmed this four centuries ago – God declared this four millennia
- Scripture assumes a revolving (spherical) earth (Luke 17:34-36).
Jesus said that at His return some would be asleep at night while
others would be working at day time activities in the field. This is a
clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night occurring
- Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19).
Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28
base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth.
- The Bible states that God created life according to kinds (Genesis 1:24). The fact that God distinguishes kinds,
agrees with what scientists observe – namely that there are horizontal
genetic boundaries beyond which life cannot vary. Life produces after
its own kind. Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, roses produce roses.
Never have we witnessed one kind changing into another kind as
evolution supposes. There are truly natural limits to biological change.
- Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14).
Up until 120 years ago, sick people were “bled” and many died as a
result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is
necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God
declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” long before
science understood its function.
- Life begins at fertilization (Jeremiah 1:5). God declares that He knew us before we were born. The biblical penalty for murdering an unborn child was death (Exodus 21:22-23).
Today, it is an irrefutable biological fact that the fertilized egg is
truly an entire human being. Nothing will be added to the first cell
except nutrition and oxygen.
- Each star is unique (1 Corinthians 15:41).
Centuries before the advent of the telescope, the Bible declared what
only God and the angels knew – each star varies in size and intensity!
- Ocean currents anticipated (Psalm 8:8).
Three thousand years ago the Bible described the “paths of the seas.”
In the 19th century Matthew Maury – the father of oceanography – after
reading Psalm 8, researched and discovered ocean currents that follow
specific paths through the seas! Utilizing Maury’s data, marine
navigators have since reduced by many days the time required to traverse